Should I Use Digital Printing Services?
Are you thinking about using digital printing services for your next project?
With so many printing methods to choose from, companies may find it difficult to know which printing type would be best for their project.
This is why it’s so critical to find a printing partner to work with as they can consult what printing strategies are going to work best for your projects.
One of the most popular types of print is digital printing.
Digital printing is a modern printing method of production that makes prints from electronic files. It involves your artwork being created on a computer and then printed directly onto the material of your choice. Digital printing is an alternative to traditional methods such as lithography, flexography, gravure, letter press, and others – it eliminates many of the mechanical steps required for conventional printing, such as making films and color proofs, manually stripping the pieces together, and making plates.
How Does Digital Printing Services Work?
With the method of digital printing is simple in theory, we send an image to the printer using digital files (PDF, TIFF, PSD.) From there, we can use that file to print everything on it.
If you need prints that require a lot of detail and a smaller quantity of items, digital printing is the way to go. Unlike traditional printing, digital printing doesn’t use pre-press stages; we also don’t need formatting equipment like film plates or photo chemicals.
As long as the process is done correctly, your digital prints will come out looking great. Here’s how we make sure it does.
- We prepare your file to get a clear sharp image, very high resolution to meet your print’s size requirements.
- Your print then needs crop marks and bleed. Crop marks are lines on the corner of the print job. After trimming the bleed, crop marks ensure that no unprinted edges occur in the final trimmed document.
- Next, the stage goes to imposition, which ensures that as much of the area of the paper as possible is used for the print in order to make the job efficient and cut down on paper waste.
- Before being sent to the printer, your electronic document file (the image or text that you are printing) will need to be converted to a BMP, TIFF, GIF, or JPEG file format. These are known as raster image files or bitmaps. Depending on the software used, PDF files can also be used to print from.
Why Choose Digital Printing?
One great fact about digital printing services is the fact that many of them give you many printing options to choose from. It allows you to have more choices, features and flexibility versus offset printing or flexographic printing. Now, we’re not saying those printing methods are bad, just pointing out the many options you have with this type of printing.
It’s 2020 and customers want multiple printing options. They want printing options that are modern, accurate and up to date. When the need comes, customers want printing options that are cost-effective but high quality prints. They want it today, not tomorrow. Digital printing has the ability to provide everything you need, every feature you’re looking for.
Digital Printing Has Many Benefits
- Highest Quality – The quality and consistency are top notch. The colors “pop” on your prints. With digital prints, the quality of the last card, brochure or flyer is the same as the first.
- Timeliness – It’s easier, the process involves less steps, and as a result, the final product can be delivered quicker.
- Cost Effective – Since you don’t need printing plates, the cost is lowered as it’s easier to set up a single job.
- Smaller Runs – Digital printing is the ideal method of producing short to medium print runs compared to traditional methods.
- Custom Options – Digital printing provides the most affordable solution to customize marketing materials, direct mail pieces and letters, business cards, and more.
In The Ending
There is no reason not to choose digital printing for low quantity, high quality, economical print marketing. For decades, Print Management Group has offered exceptional print services and document solutions for the Charlotte area. Print Management Group takes great pride in our reputation and the products we deliver, so contact us today.